Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Pictures of the Moment - Grand River Country



The mighty Nith.

You can almost see the real Canada from Toronto. For me, the authentic experience means getting off the main motor route between Detroit, USA and Montreal. My own little bit of Canadian paradise is in the orderly farmlands of southern Ontario. To find this treasure, just exit Highway 401 anywhere in the greater district of Kitchener-Waterloo-Cambridge, set your GPS to avoid highways, head opposite of any signs leading to box stores and explore.




Following a harrowing week in Toronto suburbia, trapped in simultaneously aggressive and congested traffic, on concrete arteries choked between formulaic Monopoly housing, this is where I go to relax. Be prepared for stone houses, sweet corn and lazy rivers.





I'll always be grateful to my wife Stacey for introducing me to this little bit of heaven on Earth.